- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place half of the mushrooms in a 9×13 inch pan. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.