- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saute pan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms; cook and stir until soft. Remove mushrooms from pan, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan, and melt . Add shallots; cook and stir until translucent. Add mushrooms, and cook until soft. Add thyme and bay leaf. Reduce.
- In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot in 1/4 cup cold beef broth. Stir remaining broth into sauce, and bring to a boil. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, and stir until thick. Add reserved mushrooms. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.